Topden

Topden
Deep in thought

Monday 25 November 2013

Poetry


  

~The fire of devotion~ 
When mind is pulled here and there; restlessness unceasing,
The heart troubled and darkened.
I remember my Guru.
Like a Great Sun coming through the clouds,
Melting and warming the heart.
Revealing luminous clarity in the fire of devotion,
Resting in natural great peace. 


 ~Stormy Weather~ 
In times of degeneration storms seem to be unceasing,
so remember, it’s us who are seemingly behind the clouds.
The spaciousness of the sky and warmth of the sun are ever present.
Otherwise look for the flashes of lightening,
it is not a time for blinking.


~ Winter Solstice ~
Roll on the ascension,
the raising of the light.
As the flames burn brighter, 
thus recedes the night.
For out of death comes rebirth, 
out of ashes unfurled wings.
The dawn is the release of promise, 
the music of the spheres brings.


~ Staring at the Sun ~
Diamonds may be forever, 
but we are not.
Somewhere we know this,
we forgot.
To remember our mortality
is like staring at the sun.
To live life for the moment,
brings much joy, love and fun.


~ Knowledge is so much straw ~
Nothing can be taught,
only learnt.
The flame is hot,
your hand is burnt.
Knowledge is so much straw,
experience like gold.
One needs only listen,
not be told.
Search the mind beneath its projections,
nothing to find,
no agreements or objections.


~ Caught in the crossfire of my mind ~
An Ego with ignorance is a blind man in Hell.
An Ego with understanding is a padded cell.
An Ego with neither is no Ego at all,
an ego with neither is a gap in the Wall.


~ Another Way? ~
I’ve seen another way
and yet I stray from the Clear Light.
When all about is day,
I roam as if by night.

Shapes I continue to make
and projections I go on throwing.
But there would be no shadows
if it was not for the Clear Light of Unknowing.

Despite the Doctor’s advice
I do not uproot the original vice.
I wheeze and am full of phlegm.
Half hearted taking of medicine -
won’t reveal the health of the Triple-Gem.

Soon I shall be very sick
in proportion to my wrong beliefs.
Sick and so heavy with self
as I continue to turn away from Natural Great Peace.

But before beginning-less time had begun
and the turning away created fun and the gun.
All and nothing are beyond craving and fright,
for the unborn children of the Clear Light.


~ Fulcrum ~
What is there still to be seen,
what Heart Songs are there still to be sung?
Discover all this and more shall we
in the spontaneous release of our Blazing Sun!

But I am side tracked and waylaid,
distracted by habit and mistrust.
Sinking into a familiar mire…
Resist this I must!

The mold must be broken,
The lead melted down.
For when I become molten
then form the rays of our Golden Crown!

But there is no victory in indecision,
no joy in a confused mind.
So with intuition and reason
I will leave all that behind.

I will raise the victory banner,
and draw the long sword.
As into the battle field of mind I go
for our Infinite Reward.


~ I am the forgotten ~
The fire has burnt to a petering flame,
my mind is like an echo in a cave.
I have become a weary wind.
I fade away behind a veil,
without much notice,
fuss or pain.
I am the forgotten.


~ To Life ~
To Life we go, to Life we must!
Through the mysteries and ludicrousness of experience: 
running after an elusive golden ball.
From within, the heart creates a self-portrait by draping itself like a shining veil on outward things, beckoning us irresistibly home from without.
Until we know, 
nay we realise,
that however varied and manifold, 
all things are of One Gold!


~ On my way to nowhere ~
Wake up and it’s feeling fine,
then mind crashes out of peace.
Escape into the body,
on a losing snoozing battle,
knowing it’s a fake release.

I am on my way to nowhere
and that’s okay.
Moving on,
or deciding to stay -
it’s all on the way.

Looking from outside my skin,
the layer is thin for what is out is in.
To know this is to return to the beginning,
to rediscover there is no ground for sin.

So I am on my way to nowhere
and that’s okay.
Moving on,
or deciding to stay -
it’s all on the way.

Why mess with art in its natural state,
forever creating with no room for contemplating?
Life is a canvas so let it be,
put down the brush of you and me.

So I am on my way to nowhere
and that’s okay.
Moving on,
or deciding to stay -
it’s all on the way.

To be a somebody
is a driving mental-ity.
But it's deep within you
and deep within me.

For somebody to be
is a fundamental simplicity.
It is implicit in you
and it is implicit in me.

So I am on my way to nowhere
and that’s okay.
Moving on,
or deciding to stay -
it’s all on the Way.


~ Love ~
To my Earth and World from your Sun and Stars -
I shall forever gaze at your splendour, whether near or far. 
I long for a time when the celestial dance brings you close,
because without the inspiration of your blossoming
my warmth and light have no meaning.
How beautiful you are to illuminate.


~ A job ~
The form of their mentality tries to make a similar mold out of me.
So I try to remember my name,
while I do my best to be aware of the game.
I blink and it is a Friday,
the week makes for a tired day.
Home leaves on the weekend,
rest bight from the Island of no friends.


~ Man Down ~
The Red Door is closed.
People don't see no light.
The canvas has been kissed,
no time to think of the fight.
The space is all around,
vision searches but does not see.
There is no confirmation -
there is no you and there is no me.
A rush of death stood tall,
busyness going on all around.
They are there but I am here alone,
man down.


~ Where is she? ~
Invisible barriers that cannot be crossed.
Meaning that just does not get seen.
Cherishing in the wrong direction,
instead of seeing you as another me.
Pain is in this non-penetration,
while my heart bleeds for thee.
Flesh and bone collide,
yet the mind flees.
The heart aches.
Where is she?!


~ Acquaintance ~
Once I shot a robin,  
now I protect the birds.
It’s true my heart is throbbing,
even behind the words.
Mistakes we all make,
and emotional we may become.
But it’s how we are after,
when all is said and done.


~ MEtrix ~
Always treading through the familiar grains of my mind,
no possibility there to find.
Entwined in a mesh of my own creation, 
reinforcing the fisherman’s trade, 
I am fit for consumption.
Nipping at my brothers and sisters it is the fate that I deserve.
I should make for the holes and the possibilities:
decode the MEtrix and live in groundless, boundless creativities.


~ Bubble Bursting Rap~
Coming at you with a three pronged khatvangha,
no distinction between others or Sangha.
With skulls in my hair
all that is false beware.
This beam is in the 10 directions
and disrupts projections.
Only that which is born and dies needs protections.
Bubble bursting,
gasping for breath you shall be squirming.
No increase, no decrease:
Behind will
all is peace,
deeply still.
Pop, pop, pop . . .
Take a breath from the vast expanse,
give it a chance.


~ Nothing happens ~
Abiding in the sky like nature of heart-mind,
where the weather of myself comes and goes.
This unborn state gives rise to all called life.
Seeing this play of life and death in mirror like awareness,
the illusion of birth and death is cut through by deathless being.

No comments:

Post a Comment